Structured Linear Algebra Problems:
Analysis, Algorithms, and Applications
September 15-19, 2008
The workshop, organized by D.A. Bini, is supported by
INDAM, the National Institute of High Mathematics
The aims of the meeting are:
- presenting recent results on theory, algorithms and applications
concerning structured problems in numerical linear algebra and matrix
- reviewing and discussing methodologies and the related algorithmic
- identifying directions of future research;
- improving collaborations between theoretical and applied research.
Topics of the workshop are:
- Structured matrix analysis including (but not limited to) Toeplitz,
Hankel, Vandermonde, banded, semiseparable, Cauchy, Hessenberg, mosaic,
block, multilevel matrices and the theoretical and applicative problems
from which they are originated (structured problems).
- All kind of applications which involve structured matrices including
(but not limited to) interpolation, integral and differential equations,
least squares and regularization, polynomial computations, matrix equations,
control theory, queueing theory and Markov chains, image and signal processing.
- Design and analysis of algorithms for the solution of structured
Organizing Committee: F. Di Benedetto, D. Fasino,
L. Gemignani, B. Meini and
The workshop will take place at Villa Passerini, a XVI century monumental
palace, also known as Il Palazzone, which
is located at walking distance (1 km)
from the center of
village of Etruscan origin in Tuscany.
List of participants
Pictures of the workshop
For any question, please send an e-mail to